Results were almost Immediate!
Mia was a 3yo, female black lab who was a wild child, she would run away, jump on people and counter surf among other bad things. We engaged with Cyndi in June 2022 and she began training Mia 3 times weekly. : the results were almost immediate. She started to sit, lay down. to pay attention and to not jump on strangers…
Pawtastic Dog Training Programs
- Quick Start for immediate results
- Set your puppy up for success
- Learn good manners at home
- Socialization, habituation and handling to prevent problems
- Helps your puppy grow into a well-behaved companion dog that you look forward to living with for a lifetime
- Get a jump start to address your dogs’ specific problem behaviors
- Address common behavior problems like jumping, barking, and pulling on leash
- Teach everything from Basic Manners to Advanced Canine Good Citizen
- Train multiple dogs in one program
- Manage tension and create calm in your multi-dog home
- Dogs learn self-control and waiting their turn
- Train each dog basic manners individually
- Plus train all of your dogs together, to address group behavior problems
- Address sibling syndrome when taking on 2 puppies from same litter
Private Dog Training and Coaching in Your Home
We Do The Training For You
In Your Home
Easier Training Process
These private dog training programs are tailored to meet your specific training goals.
Private Lessons & Coaching
We Teach You to Train Your Dog
In Real Life
Insight Into Your Dog
How It Works
Step 1 - Contact Cyndi
Tell us about your problem or what you need help with.
After Cyndi determines that she can solve your problem, she will schedule an in-person consultation.
She will listen to your training goals and discuss your options.
Once you and Cyndi have come up with the best solution, she will schedule your service and make arrangement for payment.
Nutrition and Wellness consultations are performed over the phone or on Zoom call.
You may need to provide further information or follow further instructions for nutrition and wellness services.
Once your information has been received and payments arranged, Cyndi will perform the service.
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
See What Our Customers Have To Say!
Pawtastic Pet Solutions is Rated 5 Stars
Customers rated this pro highly for work quality, responsiveness, and professionalism.
Cyndi’s Dog Training Plan Works!
Pawtastic Pet Solutions (Cyndi) worked with me to create a specific plan for my dog and it worked!! My Reba (10lb yorkie) was attacked by a larger dog. Cyndi worked with me (over the phone) to ensure the trauma did not have significant long-lasting emotional impacts.
Early Puppy Socialization Works!
Hi Cyndi, All the puppies have left and it’s pretty quiet here. Wanted to thank you again for all your help over the last many weeks. The pups will be much calmer, more confident, and better pets because of your work with them. All the new owners were impressed with what you did to advance their socialization and thought their puppy was really smart!! You’re a terrific trainer and a very nice person and so glad we had you help us with the puppies. We’ll miss seeing you on the regular basis we have been but hope you’ll stop by sometime. Thanks again Cyndi…you did a fantastic job!!!
Cyndi Is The Real Deal!
I cannot recommend Cyndi enough! She was amazing with the dogs and also with me and my roommate. She took the time to get to know each dog (we have two) and train them up from there. She was patient and professional with us and provided amazing coaching and feedback. If you’re looking for someone to assist you training your adorable four- footed babies, Cyndi is that person! Please call her! Cyndi is the Real Deal!
The results were almost Immediate!
We rescued Mia in May 2022. At the time of rescue, Mia was a 3yo, female black lab who was basically untrained. She was pretty much a wild child, she would run away, jump on people and counter surf among other bad things. We engaged with Cyndi in June 2022 and she began training Mia 3 times weekly. : the results were almost immediate. She started to sit, lay down. to pay attention and to not jump on strangers. After about a month, she would walk with loose leash and come when called while off leash which was very handy when she managed to escape. Cyndi has continued to work with both Mia and me in training both of us in how to work together and minimize stress on either of our parts. It has been incredibly enjoyable and rewarding to work with Cyndi and we would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone with a dog that needs training.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact Expert Dog Trainer Cyndi Smasal to Discuss Your Specific Training Needs!
Send her a text or direct message. She usually responds right away.
Cyndi Smasal, CPDT-KA
Certified Professional Dog Trainer / Integrative Pet Specialist
Author, Nutrition Specialist, and Longevity Junkie
Send Me a Quick Email
Mon - By Appointment only
Tue - 10am - 7pm
Wed - 10am - 7pm
Thur - 10am - 7pm
Fri - 10am - 7pm
Sat - 11am - 5pm
Sun - By Appointment only
How Much Does It Cost?
Prices vary per service
Initial consultation over the phone/zoom/chat to discuss your dog/puppy and see if we can help, is always FREE.
Initial Dog Training Assessment and Consultation fee is $150 for 1.5-2 hours, performed in your home. If you purchase a training package, then this consultation is also free.
In-Home Day Training Programs vary between $337-$477 per week (3 dog training sessions + 1 transfer session).
- Quick-Start Package is $687
- 3-Week Right-Start Package is $1,597
In-Home Dog Training/Private Lessons & Coaching are $110 each, with discounts for packages of 4 or more lessons, starting at $440.
Pet Health Coaching/Nutrition Phone/Zoom consultation fee is $45 for half hour or $87 for an hour (phone/zoom).
During the consultation I will listen to all of your concerns and develop a custom integrative solution to meet your specific needs. Prices for custom solutions vary.
This is similar to how things work when going to see your Vet. You pay a visit fee and then pay for each additional service provided.
(Prices are subject to change. Discounts and payment options are available for repeat customers and referrals from partnering independent pet stores. Financing is available through LendingUSA.)
How Long Does It Take?
This depends on the service.
- In-Home Day Training Programs are usually 2-3 weeks.
- In-Home Dog Training/Private Lessons are usually done once a week over 4-6 weeks.
- Custom diets usually take 5-7 days.
There is currently a 1-2 week waiting period for new dog training clients and custom diets. Please contact Cyndi right away to get on the schedule.
What does LIMA mean and why do you use it for dog training?
"LIMA" is an acronym for "least intrusive, minimally aversive" dog training approach.
I am a certified professional dog trainer (CPDT-KA) and I follow a code of ethics that does not allow punishment as part of training. This means I do not use shock collars, e-collars, or pinch collars. Instead, I use positive reinforcement methods which reward good behavior instead of punishing bad behavior.
The LIMA training approach emphasizes using humane and effective training strategies that are most likely to achieve a behavior change or training objective. As a LIMA trainer, I always begin by utilizing positive reinforcement, which involves offering dogs choices and control whenever possible. By prioritizing a dog's physical and environmental well-being, along with techniques like differential reinforcement of an alternative behavior and desensitization, I'm able to help dogs learn in a way that's natural and free of unnecessary stress.
In contrast, using force-based training approaches, like shock collars, can cause trauma and increase the risk of behavioral issues.
It's my core belief that all dogs can learn with patience and kindness, and I will continue to promote a more humane approach to dog training - one that prioritizes positive reinforcement and individualization in every case.
What kind of dogs do you train?
I work with dogs of all ages that come from breeders and rescue groups. Almost any kind of dog. Here are the ones I've trained the most.
- All Doodles (Labradoodle, Australian Labradoodle, Golden Doodle)
- Boston Terrier
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Cocker Spaniel
- Mix breeds with: Boxer, Chow, Poodle, Lab
I specialize in working with:
- Puppies between age of 8 weeks - 16 weeks
- Teenage puppies between age of 7-10 months
- Multiple dog households
- Sibling puppies (sibling syndrome)
- Special needs:
- Breeding male and female
- Fearful (shy, skittish, runs away, won't come, barks a lot)
- Reactive (barks and lunges on walks at dogs and people)
- Slow learner (seems stubborn)
- Hyper and energetic (can't settle down)
I train dogs that:
- Bark to much
- Don't come when called
- Don't listen
- Pull on the leash
- Run out the door and don't come back
- Chew and destroy objects and furniture
I DON'T Train:
- Dogs with severe separation anxiety
- Dogs with aggression
- Dogs that need major behavior modification
Who do you work with?
I work with people who love their dogs and think of them as family. I work with people who want a companion dog and don't want to use old fashioned training methods that use force, pain and fear. And I work with people who are interested in what’s best for their pets…good nutrition, positive training and holistic/natural health and wellness.
I specialize in working with:
- Multiple dog households
- Sibling puppies (sibling syndrome)
- Doodles and their guardians
- Puppies of all breeds
- Dogs and people with special needs
I provide solutions to:
- Train your puppy to grow into a happy, healthy and well-behaved companion dog that you look forward to living with for a lifetime.
- Resolve your dogs bad behaviors using a positive approach
- Give your dog the best diet for their health and longevity
- Deal with the challenges that come with caring for a dog at different stages of their life
- Care for a pet with a chronic illness
What dog training methods do you use?
I use the following Modern Dog Training Methods:
- Positive Reinforcement
- Force Free
- Lure and Reward
I follow the Least Intrusive Minimally Aversive (LIMA) Standards of Practice and Code of Conduct set forth by CCPDT, APDT and IAABC (professional dog training organizations).
I do not use shock collars, choke chains or harsh punishment.